Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Fire Ravages Building In Sanchaba Sulay Jobe

Must Read

The State And The Councils In Delivering Food Aid

The Councils are executive bodies. They collect taxes, make by-laws and execute to provide services. That is why Councils...

How Could We Succeed In Combatting Covid 19?

QUESTION OF THE DAY A declaration of a state of emergency is simply a way of alerting the whole nation...

Patrol Troops Deployed Upon Senegalese Soldiers Entering Gambian Territory

By Mustapha Jallow Gambian troops have been deployed to the village border of Sare Omar after villagers confronted Senegalese soldiers...

By Louise Jobe

This medium received information that a fire incident consumed a twelve-bedroom building in Sanchaba Sulay Jobe on Tuesday 23rd January 2018, around 13:00 hrs.

According to a source, the fire burnt and ravaged the whole building before the arrival of the fire service on the scene. It was the neighbours who fetched water to assist the fire service personnel to put off the fire.

According to Mr. Thobb, the fire started from one of the tenant’s room at 9:00 am, which was put off. But that after a few hours they saw fire in one of the rooms of the main buildings; that it spread so fast that it caught the whole twelve rooms; that they were overwhelmed.

- Advertisement -

Mr. Thobb said during the cause of the incident, they were few in the compound because the children were at school and the women went to the market; that the street was almost empty because people were at work; that the fire went out of control very fast even though the neighbours came in their numbers to help them.

He said they cannot explain how the fire came about and everybody in the house responded in the negative, when asked.

Mr. Alhagie Musa Thobb, an uncle of Musa said he lost twenty-five thousand dalasi (D25, 000) in cash in the fire; that the money belongs to one driver who gave it to him for safe keeping.

Alhagie Thobb said that his late brother Sulayman Thobb built the house for them; that what he lost in the fire can be in the millions; that each of the rooms is fully equipped with beds, cupboards and ceiling fans.

Mrs. Bintou Jallow Thobb, one of his wives said they lost everything in the house to the fire; that nothing was left in the house; that even the clothes they were putting on were given to them by friends and relatives. She however thanked God because no life was claimed in the fire incident.

The sad story of the fire incident was the death of a neighbour who died because of the horror of the incident; that the old lady panicked and as she was running up and down to assist with whatever she can, she fell down and was not able to get up by herself; that she was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

Latest News

The State And The Councils In Delivering Food Aid

The Councils are executive bodies. They collect taxes, make by-laws and execute to provide services. That is why Councils...
- Advertisement -

How Could We Succeed In Combatting Covid 19?

QUESTION OF THE DAY A declaration of a state of emergency is simply a way of alerting the whole nation that COVID 19 is a...

Patrol Troops Deployed Upon Senegalese Soldiers Entering Gambian Territory

By Mustapha Jallow Gambian troops have been deployed to the village border of Sare Omar after villagers confronted Senegalese soldiers for wrongly entering their territory...

Mayor Bensouda solicits more support from Government to councils

By Yankuba Jallow Talib Ahmed Bensouda, the Mayor of Kanifing Municipality has called on the central government to support councils by divulging some of its...

Kanifing Municipal Council Launches 50,000 Face Mask Initiatives

By Yankuba Jallow Talib Ahmed Bensouda, the mayor of Kanifing Municipality on Thursday, 21st May 2020 presided over the launching ceremony of fifty thousand (50,000)...
- Advertisement -

People Also Read This