GFF First Division round-up


By Sulayman Bah  Serrekunda United’s catalogue of defeats in the league is on the stretch Serrekunda Unitedlosing their fourth match in a row. There was a glimmer of hope of a bounce back in the wake of-holiday Gambia foreign-based player Omar Alieu Koroma’s assistance of the team with training techniques at the club’s Serrekunda School makeshift training base. SK United -who’d gotten relegated twice –though are yet to get a grip of the OJ’s tutorials if Sunday’s result is anything to go by. They bit the dust to Interior 2-0 at the Serrekunda East mini-stadium. Ferry Boys Gambia Ports Authority decided on a share of the goodies after they failed to swagger past new capital rivals Banjul United settling for a 0-0 drab score, elsewhere at the rejuvenated KG5 pitch. In another development, Armed Forces also pulled off a stalemate 1-1 affair with Wallidan in Brikama. Earlier on Saturday, Tapha Manneh’s troop made an early charge to depose Real De Banjul of the title as they extend their lead at the league summit. Gamtel made it three wins in four matches garnering ten points in a possible twelve after humbling newcomers Bombada United courtesy of two unanswered goals, at the Brikama mini-stadium on Saturday. Gamtel had to do without influential midfielder Modou Sarr serving a ban. It might be too early to write off other chances of clutching the staked prize but Tapha Manneh’s reeling machine appears in no mood to slow down just yet as he bid to lay claims on the league gong –the only missing accolade in his trophy cabinet as coach. At the Serrekunda East mini-stadium, Brikama United beat Bakau United to close down the point margin with leaders the Telecom Giants to two points. Real de Banjul amended their early blip to the campaign picking all points against Hawks to temporarily go joint-second. Goals from Abdoulie Jallow and Famara Jarju stirred the All Whites on course. Hawks however sliced the deficit but time had ticked with the 2-1 before Hawks could engineer a comeback.]]>