The United Democratic Party (UDP) during their Congress held over the weekend elected Lawyer Ousainou Darboe as the Secretary General and the standard bearer of the party.
This was held at a hotel in Kololi starting from the 18th December to the 19th December 2020. A rally was also held at the Buffer Zone in the Kanifing Municipality.
Speaking to the members of his party, Mr. Darboe said “We have come to the end of yet another historic moment, the 2020 UDP Congress in which we have discussed and deliberated on the critical issues of the party reflecting on the activities we implemented over the past two years, our financial report, and most importantly, the nomination and election of the executives whom you have put to task to run the affairs of the UDP.”
The party leader also said that “As we adjust to the “new normal”, the year 2021 will be equally a crucial year for our party and our country. It is an election year, an election that is about the future of our country. It is in this vein that I appeal to all of us for: Unity within the UDP family and party; Social cohesion and national Unity, dedication and patriotism amongst all Gambians for The Gambia and all of us to come together to collectively saddle and brace up for 2021.
Below is Entire New UDP Executive
*UDP 2020 – 2022 NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL*
1. *Yamundow Jaye Yabo* – National President
2. *Ba Jamba Bojang* – 1st Deputy National President
3. *Rohey Malick Lowe* – 2nd Deputy National President
4. *Ousainou ANM Darboe* – Secretary General and Party Leader
5. *Agie Yam Secka* – Deputy Secretary and Party Leader
6. *Alhagie S. Darboe* – Senior Administrative Secretary
7. *OLEY Dibba Wadda* – Deputy Senior Administrative Secretary
8. *Talib Bensouda* – National Organising Secretary
9. *Ebrima Dibba* – Deputy National Organising Secretary
10. *Tombong Saidy* – Administrative Secretary External Affairs
11. *Jean Paul* – Deputy Administrative Secretary External Affairs
12. *Almamy Fanding Taal* – Administrative Secretary Legal and Human Rights
13. *Lawyer Borry Touray* – Deputy Administrative Secretary Legal and Human Rights
14. *Lamin KT Jammeh* – Administrative Secretary Finance and Economic Affairs
15. *Fatou Cham* – Deputy Administrative Secretary Finance and Economic Affairs
16. *Amadou Sanneh* – National Treasurer
17. *Kemo Ceesay* – Deputy National Treasurer
18. *Landing B. Sanneh* – Auditor General
20. *Alagie Gibba* – Deputy Auditor General
21. *Karafa Sonko* – Campaign Manager
22. *Babucarr Jammeh* – Deputy Campaign Manager
23. *Agie Sukaina Kah* – National President Women’s Wing
24. *Adama Jallow* – 1st Deputy National President Women’s Wing
25. *Aja Nogoi Njie* – 2nd Deputy National President Women’s Wing
26. *Jongfolo Jabbie* – Secretary General Women’s Wing
27. *Sulayman Saho* – National Youth President
28. *Karim Touray* – 1st Deputy National Youth President
29. *Hagi Suwaneh* – 2nd Deputy National Youth President
30. *Kemo Bojang* – Secretary National Youth Wing
31. *Jimbeh Ceesay* – National Female Youth President.
32. *Binneh Marong* – Deputy National Female President
33. *Awa Tambedou* – 2nd Deputy National Female President
34. *Yakumba Jaiteh* – National Female Secretary
35. *Dr Amadou Scattered* – Senior Administrative Secretary for Media and Communication.
36. *Yankuba Darboe* – Deputy Administrative Secretary for Media and Communication
37. *Suku Singhateh* – Senior Administrative Secretary Social and Fundraising
38. *Zainab Diab* – Deputy Senior Administrative Secretary Social and Fundraising.
See subsequent editions to find out what UDP has to offer Gambians if their candidate is elected president.