By Rohey Jadama A serious fire outbreak on Tuesday evening burnt down an entire row ofFIRE CONSUMES 12 ROOMS 12 rooms in a compound owned by the Ceesay family of Kolongba Road behind Sunu Kerr in Dippakunda. The fire, which was said to have started around 6pm, destroyed everything in the affected houses into charred remains such as clothing, furniture, food, utensils, school books, cash, etc. Speaking to Buba Ceesay, an eye witness and a resident of the compound, he said he does not know what actually caused the fire but that it started from the ceiling of one of the houses and then spread to the rest within the pace of thirty minutes. He said when the Fire and Rescue Service came to help in extinguishing the fire, one of the first things they did was to contact NAWEC to switch off the electricity supply to the area. “Fortunately, no one got hurt but there is so much destruction of property and personal effects as we were unable to remove anything because of the intensity of the fire,” disclosed Mr. Ceesay. He noted that the neighbours helped them to extinguish the fire but could not to stop it until when the Fire and Rescue Service came. Spread out in the middle of the compound was the charred remains of television sets, refrigerators, beds, wooden doors, etc. At the time this reporter visited the compound, the place was filled with many people, including relatives, neighbours and friends who came to express sympathy with the traumatized family while others were helping to clear the burnt materials and rubbish from the rooms. The Ceesay household, which is an extended family setting, is in dire need of emergency assistance of any kind as everything in their houses got burnt. Disaster relief or philanthropic organizations and Good Samaritans who want to assist can contact the family on the following numbers: 9936722/6936722.]]>